50 hp force wont start

Status
Not open for further replies.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: 50 hp force wont start

Do you have a can of WD40 handy? If so disconnect the fuel line from the fuel pump. Spray some in the carb while trying to start it.<br />It it sputters or starts, you can bet it's fuel system related.<br />How old is the fuel?<br />Let me know if it sputters or starts, so we know we are on the right track or not. I'll walk you through the process of resurecting it.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: 50 hp force wont start

Forgot to mention, the fuel pump is on the starboard side of the engine,and has the word "FILTER" and an arrow embossed on it.<br />You want to remove the fuel line from the fuel tank side (or IN side), not the "out" side to the carb.....You'll get wet(and maybee hot under the collar) if you remove the "out" hose.

IFM

Recruit
run some seafoam through it the stuff does wonders on 2stroke, 4 stroke, diesel you name it. Took one of my 4 strokes from not running or idling to the lowest idle ive ever had, and it helps my 40HP force 2 stroke from gumming up when i troll with it. The stuff is great for $10 a can and you get liek 4-5 even more tanks out of a can. highly suggest putting it in every tank of fuel for boat and small engine applications!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Sigh! Closed.

PS, Please see the "Help Tip" at the top of the forum page for more info about opening old threads, thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.