Connecticut Force Repair Shop

cardinal

Recruit
I just bought my first boat and motor. The seller said that there was some stiffness in the shifter and that the hydraulic trim line needed to be replaced. I have gone to several local shops for to make arrangements for the repairs and no one wants to work on a Force outboard engine. Does anyone know of a shop in Connecticut to help me out?<br />Thanks in advance Hal<br /><br />------------------<br />National Association of Naval Veterans www.port5.org

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: Connecticut Force Repair Shop

Not hardy, as I live in Florida. But one rule of thimb for Force,Mercury still sells Force parts under it's QUICKSILVER brand name. So take it to the merc man nearest you, and tell him "I don't wanna hear it...Fix my motor!"<br />Some dealers will want to sell you a brand new motor,which in itself,is understandable.<br />But some (and i emphsize SOME) will tell you what you don't wanna hear.<br />A good shop will find a way to accomodate you.

fishingfool

Cadet

have u tried mellen marine<br />south windsor-860-289-3434 <br />brookfield 203-775-9555<br />they helped me with my 85hp force and even saved me some dough<br />let me know if they helped

cardinal

Recruit

Thanks fishingfool, I located a boat yard in guilford, Ct. and have delivered the boat there, thanks for your input.<br /><br />Regards<br /><br />Hal

paulgp6022

Petty Officer 1st Class

I live in Milford too. I go on the Housatonic river. We launch from Devon ramp.