15ph 1989 Force with a dead cylinder

Symptoms:<br />-Pulled upper plug wire very little change<br />-pulled plug and cranked, runs smoother<br />-blows finger off plug hole<br />-no fuel on finger<br />-plenty of spark (hurts finger)<br />-has happened before but has gone away but is back now, seems to permanent<br /><br />HELP!!

Californian Jim

Recruit
Re: 15ph 1989 Force with a dead cylinder

Did you ever get your motor running? If not and you want to sell some parts let me know.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Plugged exaust ports.<br />If it has spark on the dead cylinder,then it is not sparking at the proper time, or that cylinder is not getting fuel.No fuel on finger, this is possable. This could be due to low compression,which isn't drawing-in fuel.Except, that it kicks the finger off the hole. It could be reeds gummed with carbon or varnished-shut.But I still supect exaust-side is plugged with black goo.<br /><br />Try a can of de-carbon cleaner. (that is, if you can get the engine to run on one lung).<br />Try the compression test again. Check exaust side for plugged ports (carbon).These baby Forces were notorious for plugging thier own exaust ports with carbon.<br /><br />------------------<br />I'm no expert, but I DID sleep at a Holiday Inn last night!

corm

Lieutenant Junior Grade

My guess is a bad upper seal or a broken reed valve. Or maybe something holding the reed valve open, like a screw.<br /><br />...have fun...corm