no primer bulb on force l drive

gmguy 01

Cadet
my 1989 bayliner force 85 ldrive has no primer bulb and has an inboard gas tank is this normal .i haven't run the boat yet still a bit too cold

gmguy 01

Cadet
Re: no primer bulb on force l drive

i have always run outboards with a primer ball and just bought this orphan and don't know what it will start like cold. would appreciate any input. :(

Trent

Captain

Dont mean to bust any bubbles...Those L-Drives give ALOT of trouble!!!! Most people call them POS!! Sell it before it cost you major bucks....sorry

gmguy 01

Cadet

that is not the question i had asked , thank alot! :(

rlouns

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I agree with Trent. Although he did not answer your guestion he is right about sell it if you can find a buyer. I went for parts my FORCE 90 HP and the first guestion was "Is it an L Drive" I said no and they said "You are lucky there".<br /><br />I would imagine that it would be hard to start with out a bulb. I would put one in it just to be sure.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

The answer is yes, and unfortunately, as much as I like Force, I have to agree about the L-drives. One look at the way these are put together in the shop manual will scare even a hardcore boat guy.<br />But not to the point of selling. My motto is, take the lemmons life hands us, and go fishin in them :)

johnkc

Petty Officer 1st Class

gmguy, i don't know why, but these sum-beaches did start just fine with no primer bulb in the fuel line. good luck!!! :D

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Hmmm. Electric fuel pump at the tank maybee?<br />Sta-range (for a 2skroke)<br />BTW, you'll want to get the shop manual, so you can give it the extra preventive maintainence it requires. In the meantime, I have the manual here, so if you have any spec questions, I can probbly help you with them.

johnkc

Petty Officer 1st Class

nope, no other fuel pumps.just the one on the engine.