85 hp force head gasket torque

milkman

Cadet
just replaced head gasket on 85 85 hp force i need to know the ft lbs and the sequince .<br />also im having problems getting this motor to start all it does is backfire. it was in the shop for nine weeks and they gave up on it they could not even figure this motor out.<br />they say everything has check out ok sounds like its out of time but its not.its getting good fire on all cylinders.its getting fuel to all the carbs.any suggestion would help i am very new at this but iam somewhat mechicaly incline. they said compression was low on one of the cylinders but wasnt that bad for it not to at least start. i am stumped :confused:

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: 85 hp force head gasket torque

Torque is 18.8Ft lbs.<br /><br />Now, how do I describe the sequence?<br /><br />There are two rows of nine bolts (18 in all).<br /><br />I will use letters for each row, "A" being the two top bolts,to "I", being on the bottom.<br />I will use L for left, and R for right.<br /><br />The number will be the sequence (2= second,5= fifth,and so on).<br /><br /><br />AL-17 AR-18 BL-13 BR-14 CL-9 CR-10<br /><br />DL-5 DR-6 EL-1 ER-2 FL-4 FR-3 GL-8<br /><br />GR-7 HL-12 HR-11 IL-16 IR-15<br /><br /><br />I hope you can follow that :) <br /><br />Try a shot of WD40 down the throat of each carb, and try to start it. If it sputters or runs for a brief while, it is a fuel delivery problem.

milkman

Cadet
Re: 85 hp force head gasket torque

thanks 12footer i understand your sequence perfectly.on the other matter about spraying wd-40 i have tried that serval times before with no luck. to me it sounds like something electrical.this motor is backfiring through the exhaust. just one loud pop everytime it tries to fire. could it be somthing electrical like powerpacks,,or the coils,, or the stator.even the boat place couldnt even figure it out.had it nine weeks in is shop.and gave up. im totally lost on this matter<br /><br /><br />thanks for your input<br /> :confused: