Blown lower unit :)

pnwboat

Rear Admiral
It helps to have the special tools, however, if you have some basic metal fabrication skills, you can usually rig something up. In your case, it might be helpful if you have a puller to take the propeller bearing spool assy. out. It can be made using some steel flat bar and some all-thread (threaded rod...available at Home Depot etc). The bearing spool assy has tight tolerances and can sometimes get corroded making difficult to remove without a puller.

pete j

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks pnw. its all apart and i did buy all-thread to get it out. Im worried about putting it back together without all the tools and thats only if the shop wont do it or its just out of my price range

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
You can get it apart and put it back together without the special tools.
But the tolerances are pretty close.
It might last forever or a week???

The gear sets can look exactly alike but still need the right tools :(

Try the Mercury dealers in your area.
​Or some Bayliner dealers might be able to work on Forces??

pete j

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I live on the coast and were I live at theres only one boat guy. There has got to be more some were around here and thanks for that info

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Craigslist has a bunch of marine mechanics.
​Maybe a post looking for a Force/Chrysler tech with tools.
Ask if they have the tools? No tools no use.

pete j

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Still waiting for a bevel pinion gear so I can get the lower unit done. But in the mean time I have picked up a old evinrude 70 hp that seems to run great. So I have became a rude dude till I get my force fixed. thanks for all your help