1980 Chrysler 85hp (858HOC) manual link

Alan Richardson

Recruit
Does anyone know the correct OB# for service manual for 1980 85hp model 858HOC? Looking for info I can download (preferably free) for service etc. A link to a (readable) set of parts diagrams and parts list would be great if there's no free manual download. Not trying to be cheap, just see several OB#'s for 85hp and don't want to spend $ on the wrong manual. TIA

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Oh yea don't waste your $ on Clymer or Seloc aftermarket manuals.

And Welcome to the site.

Nordin

Commander
Another source is the Chrysler crew website.
They have a lot of manuals, but not for free.
You have to pay for them.

Alan Richardson

Recruit
Thanks, guys. jerryjerry05, you brought up another question I have. I have the chance to buy a pretty good looking 1975 Chrysler 75hp, supposed to have good compression, for about $100. Its got some visible parts that look good (prop and prop cone) that i feel pretty confident would work on my 1980.? Wondering if other stuff like starter, plug wires, etc would work given the 5 yr and 10hp difference? I feel pretty confident that most of the accessory, non-internal parts would and for $100 would be worth having around for spares. Am i correct?

Nordin

Commander
Everything at the head will be interchangable if your 85Hp has distributor ignition.
If your 85Hp has the 2 piece gearcase, yes the LU also is interchangable.
In early 80.es Chrysler change the LU at the 3 and 4 cyl. engines from a 2 piece to a 1 piece typ and these are not interchangable to the midleg.
But the head will fit both typ LU and midlegs.
They also went from Motorola CDI distributor ignition to a Prestolite magneto energized CDI system in this time.

Difference between the 75Hp and 85Hp are lager jets in the carbs and lager exhausteports for the 85Hp.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
The 75/75 will have the 2 piece lower.
Yet it should bolt right up.
​Probably has a different gear ratio.

I'd buy that 75 in 1 second.