Quicksilver 3000

DustininMN

Cadet
I'm trying to replace the throttle in my boat, it's the Quicksilver 3,000. The model with the U shaped throttle only button. I have found drawings for the QS3000 model that has the round throttle only button, but can't seem to find my exact model. My throttle only button on the replacement seems very hard to get out, so it makes me nervous to pull on it too much as I'm not sure if the design is slightly different. If anyone happens to have this manual I'd greatly appreciate it if you could share. Thanks a lot maxresdefault.jpg

scott8058

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have the same one and want to change it for a nicer one. Did you ever figure out how to do it?

scott8058

Petty Officer 2nd Class
lol I saw ur join date and thought it was post date! I guess I'll just wait for a non idiot like me to answer!

Jiggz

Captain
No Title

Does this looks like yours?

Attachments

• photo274415.jpg
    photo274415.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 1

DustininMN

Cadet
I have the same one and want to change it for a nicer one. Did you ever figure out how to do it?

No still trying to figure it out. It seems pretty straight forward and I'm not very handy with mechanics. I was able to find a used one on eBay, so might be worth looking if you still need the part.

scott8058

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks for the reply, mine works fine and I probably shouldn't mess with it but I have been on a few other boats and just would like a nicer one! Let me know how your change out goes, thanks

Jiggz

Captain
Thanks for the reply. Yes I do believe that is it.

So what kind of instructions are you looking for? Electrical or Mechanical. The electrical part is already showing so I guess you want the mechanical side? Do you plan on replacing the unit with a different style or the same style?

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
I thought Mercury used the same shift cables?
If so then any shifter Mercury made should work?
​Always include the year, model of the motor and boat.