1989 125 FORCE

I have a 1989 125 Force I HAVE HOOKED WATER TO IT AND ITS NOT PUMPING I TALKED TO SEVERAL PEOPLE AND I KNOW ITS THE WATER PUMPS IMPELLER IM JUST WONDERING IF I SHOULD BUY THE REPLACMENT KIT OR JUST THE IMPELLER? ANY HELP

kbh121956

Chief Petty Officer
Watch a video on youtube to see how it's done. If you are careful when taking the pump apart, you can get away with just using the impeller. Have you changed the oil in the foot yet? There is a allen screw on the very bottom of the foot towards the transom. Do not remove the straight screw on the bottom side of the foot, It holds the shifting mechanism in place. Check for water in the oil, if you have water contamination, it will need seals. Also google on how too drain the oil from your Force 125 HP. Let the forum know what you find out. Other's on here will answer your questions if you have problems.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Usually just the impeller.
IF?? you take it apart and it's REALLLLY bad?
Then you might need a housing??
​Post a pic of the housing inside and out and the impeller.
​Don't buy until you dismantle.

​The housing is made of pot metal and can look bad but still be ok.

​You cant post a pic until you have 3 posts.
​I use Shutterfly.

Thank yall ive looked it up and I have not changed the led I have removed plug and let just a lil run into a container to just barely cover it to see if there was any water in the oil ill probably still replace the oil anyways just to be 100% sure but also one more lol the trim will slowly leak down I haven't took the boat out this year been hectic and its killing me but also what need to be done with trim?

kbh121956

Chief Petty Officer
The trim/tilt leaking down could be that it just needs topping off with fluid. Is it the trim function that is leaking down or the tilt? It could also be you may need to replace some O rings. Jerryjerry05 will have you a reply early in the morning, I have found out that these guys answer most questions at that time. I will follow your post as my trim is good but my tilt doesn't hold.

Nordin

Commander
As jerryjerry suggest do not buy anything before you have take it apart.

Usually just change impeller. The vanes should not have a set of bend and the tips not worn.
Take a close look at the vane tip. It should have a rounded cross section.

Yea and now my trim pump is making an awful racket I was told by my mechanic that the pump it self is bad the brushes inside it will work ubtio the relay gets hit and he said it was the brushes inside the pumo but it makes a bad racket it has plenty of fluid in it but the assembly I have found say "product obsolete" and I can't find anything for it anywhere in wondering if there's a way I can rewire a whole system for it? Or which would be the best alternative

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Take it apart and see??
Pics?

​The top 3 posts have answers to lots of questions.
Read them first.