1984 Chrysler Force 125 Ignition Coil burning up immediately

turner850

Recruit
Hey gurus, I am hoping someone can turn me into the right direction on my 1984ish Chrysler force 125 outboard problem.

I installed a new CDI Ignition Module because my motor would not spark at all. After seeing great spark on my spark tester, I started the motor and it ran for about 10 seconds then dead. No more spark.... I put on another brand new ignition coil, again tested the spark, fired the motor up and after 10 seconds of running, ignition coil produces no spark again.

Something is killing my ignition coils... Could it be the CDI Module?...

Pictures of my motor:
u3lrqpu.jpg

3k5QEdb.jpg

WMxTgX2.jpg

Nordin

Commander
Are you sure it is killing the ignition coils?
Check resistance of the coils. Primeside about 0,5-1,5 Ohm secondaryside about 5-600 Ohm.

Seeing you have CDI aftermarket CD module and coils. Check with CDI for actual readings for the coil.
If you have a VOM or DVA meter check the output voltage from CD module. Should be about 250-350 V DVA.

I notice in one of the pics that there is no groundwire from engineblock to the distributor. The swivel can insult the grounding.
I will suggest you to put a groundwire from dist. to engineblock (from the screw just below the pully).

Also check and maybe add a groundwire from engineblock to CD module/coil mountingplate.
Good grounding is very important and can if not good cause odd issues.

turner850

Recruit
Are you sure it is killing the ignition coils?
Check resistance of the coils. Primeside about 0,5-1,5 Ohm secondaryside about 5-600 Ohm.

Seeing you have CDI aftermarket CD module and coils. Check with CDI for actual readings for the coil.
If you have a VOM or DVA meter check the output voltage from CD module. Should be about 250-350 V DVA.

I notice in one of the pics that there is no groundwire from engineblock to the distributor. The swivel can insult the grounding.
I will suggest you to put a groundwire from dist. to engineblock (from the screw just below the pully).

Also check and maybe add a groundwire from engineblock to CD module/coil mountingplate.
Good grounding is very important and can if not good cause odd issues.

The brown wire on the cd mounting plate is going to the engine block, But I will also add a ground wire from engine block to distributor. I will check those readings, thank you