70hp force flywheel

Thanks for your help last time guys I lapped the flywheel replace the keyway ,locking nut ,torque the flywheel to 85 foot-pounds we trolled for six hours caught 17 striper on the way back to the launch the flywheel Spun again what are the chances I can get a new flywheel or replacement flywheel I can't seem to find anything on iBoats as new is there another horse power that has the same flywheel because I'm pretty sure this one is no good

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Paul, So many boaters on these forums, I can't remember if this was one that we all were posting about earlier.

When you installed the key, was it from the factory or from a hardware store? I ask because it sounds like the key was soft. If it was an original factory key, I don't have anything to add other then, replace the key and re-torque it again. :noidea:

I just thought of something. Is there any chance that your flywheel is damaged or out of balance? I would check it over very well looking for a hairline crack or anything that would point to damage. Because if it is damaged or out of balance, that would answer why this happened. And make certain 85 ft/lbs is the correct torque range as well. JMHO

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
According to Mercury/Mercruiser site, you can use [h=1]Mercury Mercruiser Quicksilver Oem Part # 200-859241T10 Flywheel[/h]

Sorry it took so long to get back on this WORK
Yes it was the correct factory key way.the nylock nut seams to have been the issue along with idle to high some time would bang into gear . We stayed tied to trailer went through some testing and noticed that the nut came loose so replaced with new . We a have had a couple night trips trolling for strippers and no issues
Except hitting the prop on driveway oops didn't know my son put motor down .trying to get a matching prop asap but can't confirm # so of course I go to you guys this time in prop questions .so here I wait👍

Jiggz

Captain
If you look inside the the prop there is a set of numbers separated by "X" to indicate the size and pitch of your existing prop. That is the number you will be looking for to buy a replacement.

If you look inside the the prop there is a set of numbers separated by "X" to indicate the size and pitch of your existing prop. That is the number you will be looking for to buy a replacement.

I don't see any numbers inside only on the nut side Michigan 1-42003