One for Frank

dropbear68

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ive gathered a few Chryslers up now 2x75s both late 70 s and a mid 70s 70 that threw a rod, I want to build up a 75 , my first silly question is when did Force copys of Chryslers cease to be Chryslers, up to when can I use Force bits in a rebuild, So for starters if my 75 needs a bore ill have it done and get new pistons, i want to have the crank balanced, if necessary reground to suit o/s rollers, ill linish it in the lathe and polish, do I do your porting trick? I heard you can mess with the exhaust plate in some way, ill rekit the carbys, what do the Forces use in way of ignition, powerpack or CDI, the gearbox will be re bearinged, any advantage using the 140 HP prop ? Water pump will be done Im going to fit a tell tail, water pressure gauge and get the over heat buzzer going, I dont want ball bitingly quick I want reliable

Are new rod bolts available now way ill reuse old ones, ill do some work on the rods wiegh them up and trim so there all the same de burr grind the seams flush, dont want a rod letting go, ill do the thermostat new belt for dizzy, new leads cap plugs etc,
Any head tricks to try? Would new head bolts be available maybe Force.
I have picked up a 95 Force 150 thats chucked a piston comes with second block and crank getting a new piston be easy enough?

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Like Fun Times said Franks no longer with us. :(

Force took over Chrysler in the early 80's.
In the beginning the only change was the name.
Shortly they started using Prestolite Ignition systems.(my opinion, much better)

The older style ignition/block can be modified to accept the newer ignition.

The connecting rod screws can be found.
​But There isn't much torque on the screws, same with the head bolts.
I'd just reuse them.

​The intake/exhaust ports can be smoothed out to increase flow.

​The re-balancing the crank probably not needed.
The oversized bearings not needed.

The seams on the rods: they are the broken rod style and the edges shouldn't have a burr if put together right.

​When assembly happens, use bearing assembly grease on the bearings to hold them in place.
Regular grease won't dissolve as fast and can cause them to burn.

​I was told to use trans fluid on the rings when installing.

Wiseco Pistons are the easiest to install.
​But if the old pistons has no wear on the skirts?? reuse them.
Wiseco piston rings only work on their pistons.

I rebuilt a 125 5 years ago and replaced only 1 piston.
It's still running today.