1987 force 125 stator

Mb2010

Recruit
I have a 1987 force 125 outboard the model and serial number have worn off the data plate. The question I have is I replaced my starter and now it appears that I have no spark. I have no dva meter to test stator. But I did check the resistance on the leads. My number 1 and 2 wires show infinite resistance yet my 3 an 4 show 750ohms then my two wires for charging show very low resistance. The motor was running fine before I change stater. I disconnected rectifier as well as the two white wires for the kill switch off of the terminal post. Is there anything I could be missing or does it appear as the stator needs replaced. It's a prestolite ignition with the black coil and ignition packs all with terminal block connections. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stingrayaxe

Seaman
I'm not a mechanic nor pretend to be one but I did have that motor for many years. All that I can tell you is that one of the few things that need replacing during the time that I owned it was the stator. I seem to remember reading somewhere that the stator was a known weak spot on this motor. If in doubt I would go ahead and replace. Hope this helps. Good luck.

SkiDad

Lieutenant Commander

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Skidad's right about going to outboard ignition for the tests.
​But e-bay is WAY cheaper.

But before you buy? Make sure the sysyems checked.
​The kill switch can go bad as fast as a stator.

​Your right about the DVA meter you need it to do the right tests.
​There was a post on here on how to turn your meter into a DVA

​Your magnet in the flywheel didn't come loose?

​And a stator can test good and be bad. SUCKS

​Oh yea Welcome.