Carburetor internal parts, 1995 Force 120hp

Bernie H

Recruit
My 1995 Sport Jet with a 120hp Force has white plastic carburetor floats,so the "tab" is not adjustable to set the float level. Invert the carb and the float is not horizontal to the casting body like the manual calls for. All info I have says to bent the tab, and that's easy with metal floats.It would appear my fuel level will be slightly low causing lean running. Any advice will be helpful. I bought this boat 2 months ago for a winter project, looks great otherwise........Bernie

Baylinerchuck

Commander
Welcome to the forum......:welcome:

Was it rebuilt recently? Ever? If it was me I would buy a rebuild kit and a set of floats. I think most time a float needle and seat comes with the rebuild, but I have had to buy floats separately for Johnson motors, not sure about Force.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
The white floats usually don't work and the carbs spit fuel all the time.

I don't understand how the low fuel level can affect the rich or lean condition??
All it regulates is the amount of fuel and weather or not it has fuel at all.
​The rich or lean condition would be from the air screw at idle.

​By all means get new floats and needles.(if you can ??)

​Try Franz Marine or Marineenginedotcom

pnwboat

Rear Admiral
I found a set of used carbs that were pretty much junk for real cheap, but they had the white plastic floats with the metal tab. Used them and have not had any issues.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
The "metal" tab is the key.
That makes them adjustable.
Lots of times they don't have the tab????

pnwboat

Rear Admiral
I've tried on line to find new white plastic floats with the metal tab. Never have been able to find them with metal tabs. They all have plastic tabs which to me makes them pretty much like you said.... "non-adjustable". That's why I went to the "used" route. Looks like at one time they had metal tabs, but it doesn't appear that new replacements are made like that anymore.