1991 force 120 need help choosing prop

Magnumu

Cadet
My son brought a project home for us to work on. It is what I believe to be 1991 Quantum fish and ski that appears to be about 18' long. It has a force outboard attached that has a model # of 1208A91C. After replacing the trigger and a cdi Module we have been able to start it. It does not have a prop currently. Can anyone give me a recommendation? It will be used for fishing with a full load of fuel and at least 2 large passengers.

Thanks in advance.

SkiDad

Lieutenant Commander
I would suggest a 17 pitch prop. Michican match brand available on this site. If you post a picture of your lower unit, we can telll you which style you need.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
They still make Quantums?NO :(
​Since it's not that heavy it could use either a 17p or 19p alum.

Found the info below on this site.

​Send the specs to Michigan propeller and they can suggest a prop for you.
[h=1]1991 Quantum Boats 1800XB[/h] This outboard bass boat is 17.83 feet long and weighs 1675 (pounds dry). This weight does not account for passengers, fuel, or gear. The beam of this craft is 87 inches. The max horsepower for this boat on our records is 150 hp . If you choose to buy a replacement engine for your Quantum 1800XB boat, it is recommended by many, that you verify the max horsepower for your boat. This is because of safety reasons - as it would effect the insurability of your outboard boat. Be sure to have the manual for your engine handy, not only for your safety, but to save you money on repair costs.

Your Quantum fiberglass hulled boat can be kept in better condition by covering it properly when not in use. This will help to prolong its use and resale value. Proper maintenance and care (and winterization if needed) will also help maintain the usability and value of the craft. As outboard engine life also effects the value of a boat, we have included engine information as well.

Information on this page is provided to you as a free service of iboats.com. Because this information has come from many sources we can not guarantee its accuracy. Even if this information is the same as the original factory specs, boats are sometimes modified. Thus, for safety and other reasons, it is a good idea to verify information here to make sure it matches up with your boat. For additional information, we recommend the iboats forums and a boating safety course.

Engine Information:
Boat Max HP : 150 hp

This boat may have come with the following or other engines :
(In the interest of safety, never exceed the manufacturer's maximum horsepower rating for your boat.)
120 HP Force
150 HP Force

Magnumu

Cadet
Thanks for leading me in the right direction. We will be working on it this winter and either sell it or last years project in the spring. It gives us time together (he is 21 and in college) both in repair/rebuild process and even using it on the water. I will try to get some photos in the next few days.

Merry Christmas everyone!