push button on shift handle base.

woodrow2929

Seaman Apprentice
I was looking at the exploded view of the remote control it shows a "plug" warm-up button and was wondering what exactly that is and function is. Forgive me I am new to boating so im trying to see how everything works.

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
What is "the remote control "? What are you working with? Sounds like the button you're wondering about may be a choke set and/or throttle advance. Post up some more info, a few pictures and/or the "exploded view" you mentioned,and you'll likely get more help

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
It usually the button you push for throttle only function

wrvond

Chief Petty Officer
I was looking at the exploded view of the remote control it shows a "plug" warm-up button and was wondering what exactly that is and function is. Forgive me I am new to boating so im trying to see how everything works.

This sounds like the button at the base of the throttle lever that allows you to increase engine RPMs without engaging the transmission.
Before starting the engine, press and hold the button with your left hand, squeeze the release lever at the top of the throttle control with your right hand, and move the throttle forward. You can release the lower button once you move the throttle forward. You'll notice it moves with a lot less resistance when the transmission is not engaged. As you move the throttle lever forward, you'll feel a slight click, this is the idle position. You may have to push the throttle a bit past this position to get the engine to start, but once it does, ease it back to that detent position to allow it to idle and warm up. When you are ready to go, simply pull the throttle back to the neutral position and the transmission control will lock back in so that as you move the throttle forward or backward, the boat will move the same way.

Jiggz

Captain
Yup, that is the commonly referred to as "Fast Idle" and to use it is as described above.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Some have the button some just pull out for fast idle.
The whole handle pulls straight out and then pushed forward.
Never seen a "choke" in a shifter before.???