Prop for 13 spline one piece lower, options?

las

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Now that my boat has finally been assembled and the engine started it's time to play with prop's.

Last time out we hit 28/29 knots, 33/34 mph, at 5500 rpm and this makes me want to play a little with pitch, design and maybe even size! But this is not a "what pitch" question, but a "where do I find one" question.
The outboard is a Chrysler 65hp 1978 "slim" lower leg.

The size's I'm looking into are around 10x13/14/15 and would love a stainless steel one.
I don't know of any prop shops where I live, but finding one with different specs and resizing it could also be interesting!

Can any other brand propeller be used? I'm thinking if anybody knows a brand, or more, with the same diameter for the press in part of the hub. That way it would be possible to re hub another brand to Chrysler spec.
Found a link in one of Frank's old threads where to get a new hub!

Maybe some other maker actually make a 13 spline prop that goes right on if you just modify xx? a little. Yamaha? I see they do make prop with 13 splines.

What can be done? ideas welcome.... In which direction should I look?

Is this the worst Chrysler to re prop?

I suppose it's only those old one piece units that used the 13 spline non through hub, right? Because I did find one 10x15 stainless 13 spline, but with exhaust through the hub, I'm confused.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
The Yam 13 splines??
Could be 13 splines on a prop for a 225??
Contact Michigan Propeller.
​Solas propeller ???

Stainless is nice but if you even look at the bottom and can possibly hit it??
​The aluminum breaks before the prop shaft does???

​Also there is a prop forum here.

las

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Well the reason for asking a prop related question in this section is because I doubt anybody is familiar with this old outboard in the prop section. In fact I have a thread about ventilation going over there, and it doesn't seem like people know the limitations in prop selection for my engine.

Yamaha makes a lot of different 13 spline prop's, many in the size range I'm looking for. As long as pitch and diameter is in the desired range it doesn't really matter what engine it used to be on! Gearing could be different, that's why a 20hp of some brand could use a 10x13, and then my 65hp Chrysler use the same....

I could try and contact the manufacturers, but I would rather find a used one that works or make one work.

Therefor this is not a pitch / diameter question, but what could work. There must be others out there that have made some trial and error in this field.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Marysville Marine in Michigan
​Or Millers Island prop service in MD.
They have helped me a lot over the years.