Looking For Force Mechanic in Southern Massachusetts

danharold

Recruit
Ok. Just bought a Trophy with a 1992 Force 150. Since New the boat has probably been used a couple of dozen times. Has not seen water in last seven + years. Carbs were crap and bought replacements. Will start but won't stay running. New Fuel Pumps (rebuilt) are on there way. But tackling the setting of 3 carbs is way out of my league. Most of the mechanics of have talked to were still in a crib when this engine was new. Anybody out there know a mechanic or shop that knows about Force engines in southern Mass. I am near Cape Cod. Help!!!!

Simple_Man

Petty Officer 1st Class
Good Luck finding a shop willing to work on a Force motor. I am in Warwick RI I got my 1987 85 HP running good.just by reading in this forum. The Force is a very easy motor to work on. I suggest starting with the link and sync sticky at the top of the page.

Jiggz

Captain
I concur with Simple man. If you plan on using and keeping that new boat of yours, you might as well learn how to maintain it. And you can start learning free by just reading through this forum. However, there is pre-reqs and that is a repair manual. You can also request a copy of a digital copy on here from some forum members. Or you can buy the Clymer manual which is available from iBoat.