okay i am back on the 1984 Force 125

Fatbs

Seaman
Don't know where to even start. 1984 Force 125. I have had water in the fuel issues a couple time his summer, but i have that issue taken care of. The problem now is when i first get on the lake the motor runs fine. I can run it for a while shut it down for a very short time and it will start again and run fine. However, if i run it for a while and then shut it down for 30 minutes to an hour after restart it appears to bog down at WOT

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Pinched hose?
Water (again)?
Ethanol damage on the hoses?
Vent line clogged?

Jiggz

Captain
When you say bog down, does that mean it is misfiring? Or does it mean it just won't come up to speed like the throttle is not opening all the way? Do you have the clear fuel filter install between the fuel pump outlet and the carbs inlet? If so does it stays full.

Since the problem is intermittent, you will need to diagnose it when the problem is recreated or present. Remove the top cowling and inspect the following:
1. throttle fully opens at WOT
2. Clear fuel filter stays at least 1/2 full
3. If it is misfiring, do the drop cylinder test (pulling plug cable) and see if engine rpm changes
4. lastly, bring a spray bottle along and fill it with fuel oil mix. Spray directly into each carb while at WOT, does rpm goes up? If it does,there is a good possibility your carb needle or float could be sticking.

Fatbs

Seaman
It bogs down not miss firing. yes throttle open all he way up, fuel filter is clear and remains over half full......i will check the floats soon...

Glastron_V210

Petty Officer 1st Class
Do you have the choke that pulls in from the key? Perhaps when warmit is getting stuck halfway in which will make you run rich and bog. Its happened to me before