Impeller cover--please help

kbryant

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi everyone.
What is the impeller cover called? The cover cracked a little when I tighten it down. Yes. Too much muscle. It's my rookie mistake.
I was trying to buy a new one but can't find one or what they are called even.
Maybe can I still use the one I have?
Thank you for your help.

92cobra

Seaman Apprentice
I did the same thing.what year and hp. Motor?mine snapped in half.I replaced it and would recommend you replacing it. I believe it's called the top cover

jbcurt00

Staff member
I tried too, but got an error message.

iboats_tim please take a look at the Force motor parts landing page. Tried to enter year/model/hp in the search box and page auto refreshed every time I clicked the box. Never got to enter the data. 2nd or 3rd time trying to enter data, tab crashed and had to be forced to reload.

92cobra

Seaman Apprentice
Anytime.it's getting harder and harder to find parts for these old motors.I got lucky and a local dealer near meach had one in Stock and it was a couple dollars cheaper than ebay. I couldn't find one anywhere else either.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
They sell the kit on this site PUMP KIT-WATER FK1204-1 Mercury OEM Parts.
​Includes new housing, gaskets, impeller.
e-bay(9) or Google ​FK1204-1

iboats_tim

User
I tried too, but got an error message.

iboats_tim please take a look at the Force motor parts landing page. Tried to enter year/model/hp in the search box and page auto refreshed every time I clicked the box. Never got to enter the data. 2nd or 3rd time trying to enter data, tab crashed and had to be forced to reload.

jbcurt00 , what browser are you using? I wasn't able to get it to crash...all seemed to load fine for me.

jbcurt00

Staff member
jbcurt00 , what browser are you using? I wasn't able to get it to crash...all seemed to load fine for me.

My Samsung S6's resident browser, IDK, Chrome maybe.... It might have been more a smartphone glitch then a browser one......

I have had similar text input or search boxes do that before when on my phone. I frequently use the Show desktop version browser drop down menu option and sometime the problem self-corrects when the non-mobile webpage is loaded. It did not in this case, I tried using it.