Force 120 on a '93 Bayliner Capri 1800

ShotgunBobby1

Recruit
Hey everyone, I have recently bought my first boat and I am having a hard time identifying the model year of the Force 120 outboard motor. I have pictures I'll post. Any and all info will be appreciated!! I have narrows the years to 1990-1994 and I think more closer to 92-93, I think. The serial number is 0E020264. I see the tag in the starboard side of the motor on the transom. I see two other stamped circleish marked with 88 in the middle. Anyways I'll try to get the pictures up.

SkiDad

Lieutenant Commander
Most likely it's the same year as your boat. They were packaged together. Are you having an issue?

ShotgunBobby1

Recruit
I will need a rebuild because one cylinder, the second from the top, reads 10 psi. Others are 125-130. I am trying seafoam to see it it helps but so far it's not. It runs pretty good otherwise. Main concern is trying to find plugs and other tune up stuff. The plugs that is see it calls for are the buhw and it has buhx innit now. Flat top ones. It's confusing. Lol.

ShotgunBobby1

Recruit
I have many pictures but their format is too big. So I'm going to try to see if I can reduce their size so I can post them.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
You need 5 post to add pics.
​If you continue to run it?? your just going to damage it more.
Maybe beyond repair??
First thing to do is pull the head and inspect the damage.
At 10# you probably have severe scoring and need a bore and new piston.
But MAYBE it's just a head gasket??

Look on the starter.
Sometimes they have a date printed on it.
Or under the coils and power pack.
There is a foundry stamp with the date in the stamp.

For a tune up.
About the only thing you need to do is replace the plugs.