1983 Chrysler 75hp can't find carb parts?

jrenneker

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey guys I think I did it this time... I broke the main jet that holds the bowl of the carburetor on. I have a 1983 Chrysler 75 hp model number 758h3f. The carb is WE4-1. From the research I've been doing I think my part number I'm looking for is f10173. I can't find it anywhere.. If somebody knows where I could find one new or used or to buy a new carb I will. Pretty desperate. Thanks for any help!!

jrenneker

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I figured I would show at least one picture in case someone recognizes the part. It is just the two broken pieces at the bottom of the picture.

00C97674-97D8-4FB2-A072-C49BB6F4B848_zpsbyawoytx.jpg

Tnstratofam

Commander
I bought a complete set ( 3 total ) of carbs for my 81 75Hp Chrysler on evil bay a couple of years ago. I would check there. You may also try some local marinas or boat repair shops. Someone may have the bowl screw you need lying on a shelf.

jrenneker

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks tnstratofam. I've been looking on ebay since I broke it. Hopefully I can find something. It would be a shame not too.. It would really mess up my restoration. Seeing the motor was just repainted..

jrenneker

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks for the heads up but it doesn't look like the same part I'm looking for. Mine is an actual jet.

AFAB8CFA-DCD5-468D-8579-AD19D8257DAA_zpsssxmxwhf.jpg
2C08F6D9-FE33-4BD9-A892-DE7878C6CCA9_zps3vhhhuge.jpg

Tnstratofam

Commander
:facepalm: Sorry I missed that in your original post.

Hmm. Maybe contact that seller to see if they have the jet you are needing.

jrenneker

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I might have to do that. Thanks again for the help! And thats a pretty sweet looking Chrysler you have there! I really dig the old Chryslers.

Nordin

Commander
jrenneker Send an email or a phone call to Franz at Franz Marine. He was a dealer when these engines were still made and he is only dealing with Chrysler/Force engines.

He is not cheap BUT if someone have "hard parts" ...he will and he is really serviceminded too.

jrenneker

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks nordin! I emailed franz on Friday. I came accross his website while searching for the part. I haven't heard back yet.

Thanks Jerry I will give those guys a call on Monday..

I wonder what is the next step if I can't find this part?

Attachments

• D8A7DC60-82E0-4BF7-B85E-91A837CF1FC0_zpsxrncopoz.jpg
    D8A7DC60-82E0-4BF7-B85E-91A837CF1FC0_zpsxrncopoz.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 0

blackd

Petty Officer 2nd Class
"I wonder what is the next step if I can't find this part?" One option -- Try to find a smaller jet and drill it out Another option is to find a similar carb.

blackd

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Another thought is to look at engines near 1/2 the HP. They should have the same jet. Getting a replacement bowl assembly, even if using a different parts set, with the same main jet size, will get you running again. if your goal is to have an ORIGINAL part only, getting running again buys time until that specific part becomes available.

jrenneker

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ok I've heard back from several salvaged yards with no luck. So I started looking on craigslist for motors. I found two of them. One is a year older 1982 75HP Chrysler with carbs WB-26-B. It doesn't have a starter but would those carbs work for my 1983? The second motor I found was an 1984 Force 85hp with carbs WE4. The sames carbs I'm looking for. But that motor has the magna power spark ignition instead of the distributor like mine. So my question is which one would be a better all around buy for parts in the future? Who knows what problems I will have down the road but hopefully I'd be able to take it off a spare motor. Thanks!

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
You find the parts?
I just found a set of carbs and maybe can help with the missing parts?

Petermarc

Recruit
Hey guys I think I did it this time... I broke the main jet that holds the bowl of the carburetor on. I have a 1983 Chrysler 75 hp model number 758h3f. The carb is WE4-1. From the research I've been doing I think my part number I'm looking for is f10173. I can't find it anywhere.. If somebody knows where I could find one new or used or to buy a new carb I will. Pretty desperate. Thanks for any help!!

I did the same thing!!! What a terrible design. Have you found a solution yet?

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Petermarc, if you have a problem??
​You should start your own thread.
Adding on to someone's post might not get you any help??

Things like year, HP and model will help too.

Oh yea welcome to the forum.

jrenneker

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Just to let everyone know I did find the part. I bought a whole boat with a force 85 that had the same carbs on. After I bought the boat Franz did get back to me and also had the parts.. Well for the money I have into the boat, trailer, and motor I figured I was ahead and maybe have another project.. ha jk.. I will post pics of my new find..