RE-POWERING Outboard Mounting & Brackets

mav6759

Chief Petty Officer
I'm re-powering my boat and I'm going from a Evinrude to a Force..The Evinrude mounting bracket holes are wider then the Force mounting bracket. Is there a bracket I can bolt to the existing holes in my transom, that will allow me to bolt the Force motor with drilling more holes in the transom. I thought the motor mounting bracket were are one standard size. I didn't have a problem with the bolt pattern of the Suzuki or the Evninrde, they bolted right up to the transom.

Thanks Mav

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
No brackets for re=powering.
​The later Forces 95+ have the Mercury ones and they might fit.

What you have to do is get 1/2in hardwood dowels.
Cut them to size, maybe a tiny bit under if you want to fill in with matching glass.
Mix some fiberglass resin.
Coat the hole and the dowel.
Push in and allow to dry for 24-48hrs.

Make sure the dowel is a tight fit.
If not go to the next size.

Sometimes the bottom hole will match.
If so mount it using the bottom holes and drill the new.

Just remember the cavitation plate needs to be even with the hull when in the down/level position.

mav6759

Chief Petty Officer
Thanks for the reply.... but I thought some company made a bracket that would bolt the existing holes in the transom and then allow you to adjust the bracket to a larger or smaller mounting bracket to the transom with having the drill new holes in the transom....

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
They make a bracket that's used to trim/lift the motor up for shallow fast running.
​E-bay Jack Plate