1984 Bayliner capri BR 17 Ft. Force 85 hp question

jhromeli

Seaman Apprentice
Hello all:
I am the new owner of a 1984 Bayliner Capri BR 17 Feet, with Force 85 HP.

My question is regarding the tilt and trim System , which works fine up and down , but once up on tilt position it will fall down in minutes.
I have been reading in different posts about this failure and it points to the valve block at the pump.
I am trying to find a replacement pump for this, but what I found at least very similar in pictures are for Force Motors 1986 and up.
Does someone know the part number for the pump for 1984 or this 1986 will fit my motor.
Other question it is difficult to open and solve this problem, I mean not to buy a new pump?
I am attaching pictures of the exploded diagram and the part found in ebay.
Thanks in advance for your comments
Kind regards

Jhromeli

Attachments

• Slide2.JPG
    Slide2.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Slide1.JPG
    Slide1.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 1

Jiggz

Captain
Read the sticky post first about troubleshooting or leak down test and replacing the spool and shuttle valve o rings. It's not that hard nor is it expensive. Also it'll last you decades compare to new Asian type VB.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Does it leak all the way down?
If so then the pump probably needs new seals.

Someone posted a link to a part# for Briggs and Stratton seals that work.
Use the search function and maybe you can find it?

jhromeli

Seaman Apprentice
Case close, I found in sticky files, how to rebuild the pump, very straight forward and like magic, the problema it was the check valves o-rings so Ibought the brisggs and stratton parts, as recommended and work like a charm. Thanks all for the great support

jhromeli

Seaman Apprentice
Case close, I found in sticky files, how to rebuild the pump, very straight forward and like magic, the problem it was the check valves o-rings so I bought the Briggs and stratton parts, as recommended and work like a charm. Thanks all for the great support