Rebuilt lower units for sale

Boat-ryder

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Anyone know of a good dealer of rebuilt lower units? I had a place in Jacksonville, FL that charged $700 but sold the last one for my model and all the places I have checked online are asking $1500 and up. Thanks

Jiggz

Captain
You need to list for what year, model and HP. And maybe make too.

Boat-ryder

Petty Officer 3rd Class
We'll I was just asking for a dealer but no problem. 1990 force 120hp 20" shaft with 2 piece driveshaft

Jiggz

Captain
Franz Marine is one seller that comes to mind. Just not sure about pricing. Google 'em for contact numbers. Or you can wait on Jerry who I believe is from your locale and might know one closer.

SkiDad

Lieutenant Commander
craigslist - it cost me 20 bucks for 1 and 100 bucks for the other - both have worked great. the 1st one was from a force 85 motor i bought for 200 bucks - took the lower unit off and sold the engine for 180. The other one I got with a slightly bent skeg - it was easy to straiten and it on my boat right now b/c it matched better (white)

if you are not willing to chance it there are some on ebay that are from people who check them out and sell them with some kind of return policy.

a 20" from a 80's 85 or 125 horse should fit too. things to note. 2 piece are 1.93 ratio, 125 hp (stamped 4) are 1.73 ratio and 85 hp (stamped 3) are 2.00 ratio. Some are single exhaust like mine in picture below. Just change the impeller and gear oil before you swap them.

pic of 100.00 unit on my boat:
image1.JPG

Boat-ryder

Petty Officer 3rd Class
That one is single exhaust. Mine is dual exhaust. I have and will continue to check craigslist but its the middle of fishing season and I'd like to get back out there pretty quick.

SkiDad

Lieutenant Commander
That one is single exhaust. Mine is dual exhaust. I have and will continue to check craigslist but its the middle of fishing season and I'd like to get back out there pretty quick.

Single exhaust will still work if you are in a hurry

Boat-ryder

Petty Officer 3rd Class
No dealers in this forum openly.

What's wrong with your lower unit?

Sorry maybe dealer was wrong word just any companies that someone else has used and had good results with. Clutch dog came out of groove after I pulled shift screw and carrier nut won't come out with cracking housing. Its been soaked and heated repeatedly

Boat-ryder

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Franz had a rebuilt for 1100$. I found a used one local for $300 so I bought it buy have yet to run it. Thanks for the follow up. Hoping this one is good to go