1992 force 90hp wiring diagram

cannot find an exact and complete wiring diagram for this outboard found a diagram in the seloc manual for a 70 hp series 2 that is very close except for on my 90 hp the regulator goes to a terminal block and the switch box on my 90 hp differs from the 70 hp diagram. any help would be greatly appreciated

1992 force 90 hp wire question

have a rev limiter on this motor and the harness plugs together near starter solenoid then the harness goes underneath the intake to the switch box i need to know does the brown wire connect to the brown post on the switch box, which would be the same post the brown wire connects to for the trigger assembly. ??

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
aforce - I moved your posts out of Electrical into the Force section and combined both since both questions are for wiring under the hood.

tommarvin

Ensign
Outboardignition.com has all the wiring for ignition systems, find your motors ignition.
cdielectronics.com has the same wiring for ignitions too.

Jiggz

Captain
No Title

Here's one hopefully it applies to you.

Attachments

• photo209038.jpg
    photo209038.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 34
thankx Jiggz that diagram is very close to my set up on my engine except for i have a rev limiter with in the system and instead of the main junction bar i have a plug harness, anyways the switch box shown is exactly the same and my question is on that rev limiter it has 4 wires 3 plug together 1 is a ground. one of them is brown, then that wire extends around under the intake to switch box. Does that brown wire connect to the brown post on switch box which is the same for the brown wire from the trigger assembly?

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
From the parts diagrams I've found: the brown is a trigger lead and does indeed go to the pack.
​The "rev limiter" ?? Didn't know they put one on a Force of that year?? Pics??

​OOOPS!! didn't see you only had 3 posts.
You need 5 to post pics.

Last edited:

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Tom how about a link to the OI/ CDI diagrams?
??​I looked, couldn't find??

i found a wiring diagram and it looks exactly like the wiring on my engine but the switch box is spun 180 degrees so i cannot see where the brown wire connect to.the switch box shown in this diagram is enclosed my switch box has posts on it. the wiring diagram says 91-95 70 hp type 2 ignition system and have found that this system was used also on 90 hp engines i know the brown wire from the trigger assembly goes to switch box, i need to know if the brown wire from rev limiter goes to the same post as the wire from trigger

Jiggz

Captain
It would seem that rev limiter is an aftermarket add on to your motor. Unfortunately, none of all the Force diagrams I have shows a circuit for rev limiter. Hopefully, someone who has one will chime in.

the wiring diagram that is the same as what is on my motor is in the seloc force manual and the description says 91-95 70 hp type 2 as i have said the harness looks exactly the same and the diagram says its a rev limiter 3 wires plug into the main harness one is black-yellow, purple,brown then black grounds to ground post at starter solenoid. The brown wire goes around the motor to switch box but am not sure what post that goes to

electric starter rev limiter

I have a force 90 hp but i believe it has a mercury rev limiter within the electrical system is it indeed for the starter motor 3 wires plug into the main harness a ground goes to the starter solenoid, other 3 wires are purple , black/yellow,brown. can anyone tell me where the brown wire should be connected to

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
You've got enough posts, you can post pics.
Post the part of the Seloc manual that has the rev limiter section and the pic of the rev limiter.
​You sure it's a 92 model?
They made a bunch of different models that year and none have a rev limiter??

Seloc has been wrong before.
Great book to have if you run out of TP.

Last edited:
908e92 been looking all over internet and have looked @ boat.net also and have seen this rev limiter listed in their parts group in ignition and probably fits a year range from 92-99 in alot of different hp motors. have seen after market rev limiters and alot of them even have the same color code as mine with 4 wires coming out of it and still cannot find out where the brown wire goes to

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
The starter doesn't have or need a "rev limiter". The engine ignition system may have a "rev limiter" to prevent the engine from over-reving.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
did alot of searching on this one finally talked to a electronic guru at cdi technology and figured it out

Moved your posts in the Mercury section into this thread for closeout. Starting multiple threads on the same issue never works.

Good to see you found the answer. And the answer is........................?