Force 50hp Bolt are all out,still won't lift up

divco13

Seaman
All the bolts that hold the motor down are removed. including the two 12 point bolts.

The motor lift's up a little all around ( 1/2" or so ) .

Is there something I'm missing?

Sound like there's metal hitting under neath the motor.

Can't find exploded views of the assembly disassembled Force 50 hp

Not sure which year it as, the model number is missing half

divco13

Seaman
With a little quess work, and a partial #s as tag is all most gone.

believe it is a 1988, with model 131--- serial # 507y8a

tommarvin

Ensign
It could be the gear shift rod, you have to remove the bolts holding the lower unit, and you need the remote shifter in reverse so you can access and remove the coupling, then the lower unit will drop, then the power head should come off.

divco13

Seaman
The lower is already off, that means the shift rod is also disconnected.

It is the motor that only separates 3/4" with all the bolts out. Won't lift all the way off the motor leg

There is a interference in the lower housing that the motor bolts to, keeping it from lifting off.

Nordin

Commander
Have you removed the cover and the 2 screws that hold the engine block to the shock mounter upper?
They are lockated under the carb. There are 4 screws holding the cover but you only need to remove the two in the middle.
They hold the cover to the shock mounter and the two to the right and left hold the cover to the block.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
ON the spacer pate there are 2 shock mounts.
​Possible they are hitting and not allowing the head to come off.
Look up the parts diagram and look for the spacer plate.

divco13

Seaman
Have you removed the cover and the 2 screws that hold the engine block to the shock mounter upper?
They are lockated under the carb. There are 4 screws holding the cover but you only need to remove the two in the middle.
They hold the cover to the shock mounter and the two to the right and left hold the cover to the block.

Nordin:

Yes you are correct, I see them now. On my motor has 6 - 1/4 20 bolts. I took the 2 center out, and motor lifted right off.

Thank you very much

In earlier reply post, I was warned about bolts twisting off due to corrosion. So far only three, good thing I'm a machinist.

Again thank all of you for your time, and effort.

Bob