1972. 85 HP Chrysler gas line fittings

deerjackie

Cadet
Hello,can someone tell me the size fittings I need for 1972 85 HP gas lines.Suzuki 75 + interchange?Kinda confused,boat has been ini storage and ready to get going.Thank you for your help.

tommarvin

Ensign
Nope, but a boating or auto parts store will help you find the gas line fittings. Nappa has been great help.
Take pictures of the fittings you need to adapt to, or take the gas fitting off and take it to the store with you.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Chrysler used different size hoses.
​1/4in ,5/16 and 3/8.
​Most hoses on the motor were 1/4in.

What do you need the fittings or the hoses?

Oh yea Welcome.

deerjackie

Cadet
I got the hose off now(hard as a brick) and got the female factory crimped fitting cut loose. I was confused on the quick coupling size.Getting control cables for throttle and transmission replaced and water pump impeller as well.Dad bought this boat new in 72 and gas seen only a few years service .

tommarvin

Ensign
If the fuel hose is as hard as a brick, you might want to get some new USCG A1 fuel hose.
Maybe the lower unit gear lube too.
New fuel filters.
Maybe clean the carb(s)

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
The hose on there??
​Replace it all.
Ethanol will destroy it especially if it's been setting dry for some time.
Think about a new diaphragm in the fuel pump.
These older models don't have a filter in the system.
Install one between the carb and the pump.
Depending on the system? maybe a water separating filter on the transom or underneath on the bulkhead?

jbcurt00

Staff member
Deerjackie, check your private messages, top right corner of your browser window when viewing a forum page