90 HP Chrysler jet screw

Kenny323

Cadet
I have a 1983 90 HP Chrysler outboard. Model 908h3a. I lost a bottom jet screw that holds the bowl on and can not find one anywhere. Does anyone know where to get one or if another will fit it.If I can find one with smaller jets I could open it up as long as the threads match. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SkiDad

Lieutenant Commander
you could check here to see the part number you need - if you are referring to part 40, you might find one on ebay:

tommarvin

Ensign
Sea-way marine
425-412-4006
This place is the largest stocking older parts for all motors in the US.
Just to be clear, you lost the bottom jet screw, are you sure it holds the carb bowl on ?
I don't think a jet screw holds a carb bowl on, it's more of a bolt. You should be able to find it before you have to drill it out.
If you have two carbs on a 90hp, get the part you need off the other carb and post a picture.

Kenny323

Cadet
SkiDad it is part 40. I have searched Ebay and called everywhere and can't find it.

tommarvin, I called seaway and they didn't have it. The bowl retaining screw on this one serves a dual purpose. It holds the bowl on and serves as the main jet.

tommarvin

Ensign
Now what, Back track every move you made when you took the screw out, did it fall into mid cowling, did it fall on the ground on your way to the shop ?
New carb on E-Bay ?

Kenny323

Cadet
I have no idea where it could be. Even checked the ground with a metal detector. Ebay doesn't have the carbs .The only place I could find a set was way out of my price range. I have one possibility on Craigslist , a guy has a 85 hp parts motor, hopefully one off of it will work.

Kenny323

Cadet
Just wanted to thank everyone for the responses. I never did find one. So I ended up making one myself. Seems to be working just as good as the original.