Circuit breaker on Force 120

flagday84

Recruit
I see a circuit breaker on the wiring diagram for my 1994 Force 120 and have looked all over the engine for it but can't find it. Followed the red wires from the solenoid and they don't seem to lead to it. Anyone know where it is? Is it possible a past owner could have removed it?

SkiDad

Lieutenant Commander
on my engine it is below the terminal block on the same side of the engine that has the starter.

tommarvin

Ensign
Same here we have a 125hp, and it's just below the terminal block port side.
I would order another circuit beaker, it saved me , I had to reset once so far .

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
You might not have a breaker.
​Old Forces aren't the same as new!!
What model or serial#??
You have the Mercury or Prestolite ignition? Pics??
They used 2 systems on the 1994.

Jiggz

Captain
No Title

First you have to have an idea what it looks like otherwise you will never find it. Here's a pic of a typical circuit breaker used on these motors.
The little black tab is the reset button. If it sticks out it means it is tripped and has to be pushed in to reset. There are usually two of these in the motor section, one for the ignition/charger circuit and one for the Tilt and Trim circuit.

Attachments

• photo132411.jpg
    photo132411.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

flagday84

Recruit
You might not have a breaker.
​Old Forces aren't the same as new!!
What model or serial#??
You have the Mercury or Prestolite ignition? Pics??
They used 2 systems on the 1994.

Not sure about the ignition, serial number is 0E068056.
Thanks for the replies everyone, still not seeing it. Just to be clear, a wire coming off of my solenoid should lead to it right?

tommarvin

Ensign
Yes sir, And We have a Prestolite ignition, 1988, 125hp ours looks different than jiggz picture,

Jiggz

Captain
No Title

It maybe different in color, black instead of gray but basically the same structure. Here's one from mine although it was just accidentally taken as a part of the pic circled in yellow. It is black on the far right side of the photo showing the two terminal connections for it with a red sticker label. On the foreground is the intake manifold and you can clearly see the V blocks for the reeds. This is a 89-125HP motor.

Attachments

• photo242077.jpg
    photo242077.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 0

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
It would be on the stbd. side if there was one.
​You can post pics now that you have 5 posts.

Pics of the motor?
From that # I'm guessing a 1995.

From the parts diagrams No Breaker.

tommarvin

Ensign
Jiggz your right,ours is the same as yours and black, our studs are vertical almost touching the terminal block.
Please install a circuit breaker if your motor needs it. It saved us once so far.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
WHY??? would you install a breaker when none is needed??
The engineers designed it without one.

Jiggz

Captain
There are two ckt breakers on this motor. One for the ignition system which includes the charging system and one for the Tilt and Trim. If you want to verify this you can take a look at the parts breakdown under those two categories, i.e. ignition components and power trim unit (using the bayonet style connectors). Depending which style of power trim you have, you may not have a ckt bkr for it thus you may only have one ckt bkr.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
The 95 had NO breakers.

​My twin 88/85s have them.
The OLD Prestolite system had them.
The Mercury system doesn't have them.

Jiggz

Captain
Well if it is a 95 then it doesn't have the circuit breakers which is very likely because other sites states Mercury started the 95-120HP serial numbers from E065101. Although on some sites it states 94-120HP were made all the way through serial number E093699. Even my manual states that 95-120HP started with serial number E093700 and uses the CDM system (integrated coil and cd modules) for ignition and yes it doesn't have ckt breakers.

Attachments

• Force 1995 120 HP Wiring Diagram.pdf
    164.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: