Help With 1989 Force 50 Wiring

So.dak

Cadet
I know this post it old but I also have a 89 Force 50 HP. 507y9b. Does anyone have a picture of a diagram of how the stator and coil terminal goes.? The wires are 2 solid yellow four browns with black yelow, yelow and blue black and blue. I have the clymer manual but the wire colors do not match. This motor was tore apart when I got it they were trying to steel parts for an older motor that I got at the same time with a boat and I got that one running. This one is proving a little more challenging.

So.dak

Cadet
Update.... The wiring diagram I got from Nordin was perfect. I just need to get a woodruf key and get the flywheel back on to see if she fires. Thanks for the help so far!

So.dak

Cadet
sorry for the long delay. Got the Key and she fires right up. Thanks for all your help!

Alifonwater

Cadet
Hello, I am new to this forum but I am having the exact same problem mentioned above and am looking for the same help, if possible. Thanks

Jiggz

Captain
No Title

Here's a pic of the two types of wiring for the 50 HP. What is NOT shown is the Thunderbolt ignition system. You might want to copy and save it or even print it to make it more readable.

Attachments

• photo245093.jpg
    photo245093.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 8