force 125 jets

fisheymikey

Chief Petty Officer
i started the new year with a rookie mistake.
i reoved the jets on both carbs and dropped then in a container and then remembered they are not the same. one goes on top as the other goes on the bottom.

is there a way to know which one goes were?

thanks

Simple_Man

Petty Officer 1st Class
I feel your pain, I did the same thing last spring. I don't know whch one goes where , but if you can read the sizes with a magnifying glass the parts list will tell you which one goes where.

tommarvin

Ensign
I just looked at the parts list, there are two different carbs, they don't say upper or lower, we have a 125 and I had no idea they were different thank for the lesson.

I will look Tuesday and get back to you, the only clue I can see is the carb with the TEE gas inlet is the bottom carb.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
You've posted on here a bunch of times and should know that you should ID what we're working on???
They made a whole bunch of carbs for the 125 and some only have 1 jet???
​Maybe put the info in the signature.

fisheymikey

Chief Petty Officer
You've posted on here a bunch of times and should know that you should ID what we're working on???
They made a whole bunch of carbs for the 125 and some only have 1 jet???
​Maybe put the info in the signature.
sorry jerry i have a 1988 125 but i did look at the 1987 and had the ame specs did not think it was relevant.

the jet seam to be excactly the same. can that be?

tommarvin

Ensign
We have a 1258X4A parts catalog, part #014191 the main fuel jet, is the same for both carbs.

Main fuel jet std. .0937 Sea level-1500ft.

The first carb is # 490061-1 the second carb is # 589061-1

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Most jets have a # stamped on it somewhere.
The difference in carbs can be the fuel line inlet.

pnwboat

Rear Admiral
Usually on the Force carburetors, the jet size is stamped on the end of the jet where the screw driver slot is located. Sometimes the surface on the end of the jet where the numbers are stamped gets messed up because of the use of the wrong size screw driver to install/remove them, and the numbers are not readable. If the numbers are the same on both jets, it doesn't matter which carb they go in. If they are different, then the larger one goes in the top carburetor.