time for my winter project

Simple_Man

Petty Officer 1st Class
Success It is in wired and working. it has been in the full up position for 2 days. I think I m good to go. Thanks again for all the guidance.

Simple_Man

Petty Officer 1st Class
Just one more question. Where should I install over current protection and what fuse rating? had the motor in the raised position for 2 week, It didn't move a millimeter.

hundee r1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
For future reference:
Mt TNT housing had snapped bolts when I bought my boat and thus sourced NOS housing and got all the rebuild O rings from the late Mr Ritt and set of on a epic rebuild adventure.
I for the life of me couldnt get the main shaft off and since the housing was ruined I cut it off using a 5" grinder. Mr Ritt gave me a great hint to replace this main bar with a simple round shaft and just fix the ends using some split pins.
His theory was that this way the shaft had some movement radially and may make it easier to remove if ever required. Ive never had to touch it since rebuild.
Ive since purchased a NOS cylinder cap with an intact scraper seal ( mine is missing) , I should replece it but I just dont want to disturb soemthing that is working fine!!

Mr Ritt was a great source of info around here