Fuel Line

KScott78

Seaman Apprentice
Hello, I have an 89 Force 125, the fuel line going to the carbs has a crack in it, part# F438754. This is a very dense plastic/rubber tube. My question; is there any reason why I can't just replace this with a normal fuel line? $40 for a replacement seems a little steep for 2' of hose. Also does anyone happen to know the size of the hose? 5/16 maybe?

thanks!

pnwboat

Rear Admiral
I use 5/16" automotive rubber fuel injection hose. Most auto parts stores have it, but you must specify for fuel injection. The fuel injection hose is little more stronger to withstand the higher fuel injection pressure. The diameter depends on what size fuel line fittings you have. I've seen 1/4" fittings on most motors. 5/16" fuel line will fit w/no problems. If you try 3/8" hose, it may be a tad too large to clamp down properly. But again, it depends on the size of your fittings.

KScott78

Seaman Apprentice
Ok, thanks. I purchased some 5/16 clear fuel line today ( made for ATV's and Snow Machines ). I'm hoping this fits correctly. At only 1$ per foot it's a much better deal and looks better as well. Also it would be nice to see where the fuel is in the line to help trouble shoot when an issue does occur.