Attn Frank A , force 150 wiring question

Shifflett115

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi guys , i bought a force 150 outboard 1508f90d model number ,it origionally came with blur cdi boxes , when i bought the motor it didnt have the coils or cdi boxes or the bracket on it ,my question is can i wire black cdi boxes and black coils on this engine , i ordered the correct bracket off ebay . I just need wiring diagrams to do it . Is it possible to do it and also where can i find the diagrams to do it ?

pnwboat

Rear Admiral
The wiring diagrams are in the repair manuals. I've never seen any complete wiring diagrams available "on-line" to down load.

Since the 150 never came with the Black coils/CD Modules you'll have to check and possibly change the way the stator connects to the CD modules. The stator on your motor probably has spade lug connections for use on a terminal block. The Black CD Modules usually have a round modular plug to connect to the stator. So you'll have to decide how you want to connect the CD Modules to the stator.

I would also consider trying the later Mercury style ignition system. Unfortunately there would be more cost involved since you don't have any of the Mercury ignition system parts.