Engine Model Year?

woodyproject

Recruit
I have a Chrysler 45hp engine that is missing the id tag, the only thing that I have found is what I believe to be the BLOCK ID stamped on the engine, so I believe it is post 1970 the number is F473561. I don't want to start to taking this engine apart until, I know that I will be able to get some parts and for it but I need a model number or year. any help would be awesome I have googled this to death. Thanks
other info that I know is that it is a 2 Cylinder single carb.

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Some Chrysler engines had a number stamped on the back of the block. If you have this number you can call Mercury customer service. They still have data in their database and can tell you the year.

If you get no love there, rest easy in the fact that Force never made a 45. Chrysler made a 35, 45, 55 series and sometimes a 50 up until they sold out to Brunswick (Force) Thus since almost all parts with the exception of pistons and crankshafts are swappable between almost any of these engines.

AS far as pistons, you need to research and find if after market are available. you simply may not be able to get them in standard or overbore sizes.

woodyproject

Recruit
Thanks I will call them and see if they can help me. The fact the the parts are swappable great info, I did not think that they would be. Thanks

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
On the powerhead/block is a foundry stamp .It's acircle with numbers.
The center of the stamp is usually the year.