Choke solenoid. 45hp

S.A. Baker

Petty Officer 1st Class
so...finally got everything repaired on new to me boat,all the wiring was redone,misc repairs done...last thing is replace incorrect switch. This is when I notice that the green choke wire is connected to the blue on the switch...UH OH! You guessed it...the choke solenoid is fried! Where do I find this 40 yr. old unobtainium? Buying anything on the internet is not possible for me....no credit cards! Can't seem to find any boat salvage yards around here either. Is this possibl something available from Sierra thru NAPA? Or is my boat going to take a team effort to start? Can't reach the switch and carb at the same time !

S.A. Baker

Petty Officer 1st Class
One other thing....I also found two of the stator wires hooked to one AC terminal on the rectifier, one to the other AC terminal, and none to the third terminal. Black and red were correct. Is this thing fried too now? This project is a giant cluster!

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
FIRST!!!!! Get a factory manual with diagrams for your specific motor.
What are the model and serial#s?
Pics of the choke you need? I or someone might have the part.

You can buy on e-bay if you have a checking acct. Join Pay pal they'll take the $ right from the checking acct.

S.A. Baker

Petty Officer 1st Class
Have the manual ....1975 45 hp. I have no clue how to do pics on this forum. Trying to operate with an obstinate I-phone that locks up every time I'm on this site. Don't know what's up wth that!