synthetic oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simple_Man

Petty Officer 1st Class
I would like your opinions on synthetic 2 cycle oil. Would you use it in your force?

SkiDad

Lieutenant Commander
I use the semi synthetic pennzoil and love it. I use 3-4 gallons each year. My spark plugs are always nice. I did use the full synthetic once and didn't notice any difference.

Simple_Man

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thx I am thinking of trying it. A friend of mine says I will see less smoke.

Jiggz

Captain
I use Walmart's 2 cylce TC-3 oil in a blue jug for less than $12 a gallon. And so far, I am enjoying it. Sure synthetic 2 cycle oil will probably be less than 10% smoke for more than double the price but it is not for me.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Don't waste your $$$
The motors gonna smoke no matter what oil you put in it.
Once it's warmed up and going it stops the excessive burning.

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Oh, Boy! Another oil question. There will be more opinions than elbows on the forum. Use whatever you want and can afford.

Me? As above, I use Wal Mart Super Tech TWC-3. Cheap and it works.

Last edited:

Simple_Man

Petty Officer 1st Class
OK then thanks guys so it doesn't matter to much what you use as long as you use at 50:1

Jiggz

Captain
Absolutely! If the motor continues to smoke heavy, maybe it is time to do a decarb. Before doing so inspect the plugs or if you are well equipped use a video inspection device through the plug holes and check the piston heads for carbon build up.

Simple_Man

Petty Officer 1st Class
It doesn't smoke bad at all. I was out on the lake with a friend and he mentioned it, so I had to ask, because I trust this forum. My motor went from running so so to Flippin Great because of the help I received here.

tommarvin

Ensign
why would you not use 100% synthetic aka amsoil, two cycle, and gear oil, fogging, etc, everybody agrees its the best oil on earth, how many gallons of gas do you use in one year of boating, not enough to not use the best.

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Why would we revive a 4 month old thread? But just to start a controversy: Your statement is anecdotal! Just because you like amsol, doesn't mean "everyone" likes it. Show the numbers and research to back up your claim. They will not because simply put, I don't like it. Thus: With even one dissenter such as myself, "everyone" is a false statement.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I don't care for Amsoil and I'm not alone. It's now 2-1, if you're keeping score.

So on that note - :closed_2:

Status
Not open for further replies.