1997 Force 75HP with no Power Trim on 1997 Glastron GS-160

sigbigdig

Recruit
First Post and first time boat owner (Posting in "Force" and "Glastron" Forums.)
I am the proud owner of a 1997 Glastron GS-160 with a 1997 Force 75HP Outboard. The outboard serial number ends in "EL" and not "ELPT" indicating that it never had Power Trim. And, in fact, it has no power trim parts on it. The Boat is equipped with a throttle with up down button for trim, and a trim gauge. My curiosity is piqued. Was this the original motor on this boat - did Glastrons ever come with Force Motors? Both the boat and motor are 1997, after all. Also, did Glastron ever ship a boat without power trim in 1997? Thanks in advance for any info.

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Glastron boats were not affiliated with any outboard manufacturer. THUS if bought new with an engine they came equipped with whatever engine brand the dealer sold.

The force may very well be the original engine on it. Even though it has no power TNT, it will have the wiring inside the electrical cable . It only came from the factory in one configuration so if you want to search out a power TNT unit the engine can easily be retro-fit.

sigbigdig

Recruit
Many Thanks, Frank! Someone must have just cheaped out when ordering the boat new. :) This makes sense, since it also does not have the optional Ski pole. Funny that they included the trim gauge, but oh, well. I will just go with it and see how it moves in the water. If I need a power trim, I'll do it this winter, as you said, there are plenty of motor/pump/piston/linkages on ebay for under 400 bucks. Also as you mention, I have two conspicuously disconnected wires "under the hood" of the motor waiting to be plugged in. Thanks again.