Volvo penta ad41 b diesel oil alarm

wilme40

Recruit
hi can anybody help I have a fairline 33 with twin ad41 b engine and on starting from cold the oil pressure take a while to climb up to 60 psi and drops to 32 psi on tick over hot, is this normal for this engine or have a got an issue. Both engines are 1990 so I expect they have done quite a few hours, but run quietly and oil psi 60 ish when revving.

Regards Gary

K-2

Chief Petty Officer
Sounds normal. Both my A's are just like that. I always suspected the oil pressure alarm and gauge were slow to react and in
reality the pressure builds faster than they show .

alldodge

Staff member
hi can anybody help I have a fairline 33 with twin ad41 b engine and on starting from cold the oil pressure take a while to climb up to 60 psi and drops to 32 psi on tick over hot, is this normal for this engine or have a got an issue. Both engines are 1990 so I expect they have done quite a few hours, but run quietly and oil psi 60 ish when revving.

Regards Gary

:welcome: to iboats

If these are mechanical gauges (ones with tubes leading to the gauge) I would bleed the line at the gauge after it has been running a bit. If this is electrical gauges, your probably OK but I would want to check into the situation a bit more using a handheld mechanical gauge