• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • ALL iboats Forum Members and Guests:
    To show our appreciation for your participation in the Forums, we're offering an exclusive Forums-only discount good for an additional 5% off your iboats.com order for a limited time.
    To redeem, simply call our Customer Service Team at 800-914-1123 (Open M-F, 9am - 8pm Eastern Time) and mention the Forums 5% off discount. Offer excludes engines, trolling motors, and electronics.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.

Below are some additional forum policies in hopes of all iboats members will follow, Thank you.

1. Please do not reply to old threads or hijack existing threads. Old threads of a technical nature are like a library book, Please do not write in them.

2. Old threads should be considered archives and used for reference only. Please do not reply to them.

3. Do not take over someone elseís thread (aka hijack) with your own question, even if it is similar. If you have a question that has not been covered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own.

4. If you have a question for the original poster (OP) and the thread is over 30 days old, send the OP a PM, he may not even visit the forums any longer, or may not notice your question in the old thread.

5. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum helpers that may not even notice your question when itís posted at the end of someone elseís thread. And those answers will be specific to your particular issue.

6. Please do not post to threads that have been inactive for more than 3 months unless you are the original poster. We have very active forums and any thread that remains inactive for that long should be considered "dead". It is especially confusing when there is an entirely new question posted to an old thread.

7. Posting at the end of any thread is considered to be hijacking the original posters thread which in turn subjects the thread to be closed if it continues to happen thus not making it fair to the original poster in the future had for some reason he/she needed to return for additional information or provide an update of the problem solved which is always welcomed within a reasonable amount of time frame.

8. Please note that you should see a red banner pop up near the bottom of each inactive thread asking you not to reply to old threads. The Red banner will read: Please note this thread has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new thread.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
http://forums.iboats.com/forum-rules-guidelines-405/
See more
See less

Fuel Curve for 6354T Perkins

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Curve for 6354T Perkins

Does anyone out there know where I can find a fuel curve for a 6354T Perkins Marine engine?

The engine is 200 Hp. I am just looking to find what the best speed is to run the engine at to get the best fuel economy.

I have heard that the boat itself (1981 Mainship) operates with the best fuel economy at about 7 knots, and that is normally where I run it at. I don't use much fuel either, but it never hurts to find out more information.
    "Break out the rafts, lash them to the deck. We will use them as shelter until the fleet arrives!"

"All things being equal, the simplest solution is often the correct one."

19' 1976 Lund Runabout "Fun Ghoul"
    34' 1981 Mainhip II Trawler "Iron Horse"

Re: Fuel Curve for 6354T Perkins

I Have an owners manual that may help you. It's in PDF. Send me an email and I will send it to you.

Comment

Really? Sweet!

tstolar@sdiesel.com

Thanks Fleetwin!
      "Break out the rafts, lash them to the deck. We will use them as shelter until the fleet arrives!"

"All things being equal, the simplest solution is often the correct one."

19' 1976 Lund Runabout "Fun Ghoul"
      34' 1981 Mainhip II Trawler "Iron Horse"

Comment

You have mail. Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
        X