D4 / dph trim sensor position

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogerdb3

Cadet
My trim sensor indicator is changing numbers when I start the engine after being shut down. So I calibrate the evc so as the range goes from -3 to 45. I operate at 3 or at + 6 from being bottomed out. The first time I use it after calibration everything is correct. The following day when I start it 3 will now be 5 but the leg will not have moved. It is still 6 from bottoming out. And it slowly sneaks up until I do a recalibration.

Does this sound like I need a new trim sensor? I hit a deadhead a year ago and the cylinder on the side that the trim sensor is on had to be replaced. The repair shop did a very poor repair job on the other pieces so I am wondering if they did something to this as well. Eg. The rear propellor was mounted backwards, the tilt cylinder hose was not tightened, the steering system was not bled.

nickenl

Cadet
My trim sensor indicator is changing numbers when I start the engine after being shut down. So I calibrate the evc so as the range goes from -3 to 45. I operate at 3 or at + 6 from being bottomed out. The first time I use it after calibration everything is correct. The following day when I start it 3 will now be 5 but the leg will not have moved. It is still 6 from bottoming out. And it slowly sneaks up until I do a recalibration.

Does this sound like I need a new trim sensor? I hit a deadhead a year ago and the cylinder on the side that the trim sensor is on had to be replaced. The repair shop did a very poor repair job on the other pieces so I am wondering if they did something to this as well. Eg. The rear propellor was mounted backwards, the tilt cylinder hose was not tightened, the steering system was not bled.

Hi, I saw your post on Iboats forum regarding trim position frm september last year. I have the exact same problem. How did you solve it? BRG Niklas

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
nickenl

Please read the Help Tip on top of the page and start a new thread. Roger has not visited since starting this thread last year.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.