1995 50 HP Force with Quick silver controls

1995 50 HP Force with quicksilver controls can any body please tell me what the correct calibration procedure there is for the above motor & remote controller combination no tilt or trim on this controller :canada:
I have throttle in reverse no reverse drive and I have forward throttle and forward drive neutral is not at center it is at 2:00 pm in the reverse direction please this is driving me crazy

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome aboard.

Is this a new controller/motor install or has the lower unit been dropped and this started after putting the lower back on? It sounds like the shift cable at the motor needs adjusted or the shift linkage and shift shaft are not synced properly.

So, any work done before this began?

Thank you
It is a new boat to me, had it on the water for the first time last weekend when I bought the boat and motor. The reverse engaged in the garbage can full of water but definitely seen the reveres controller out of calibration also this motor will start regardless as to the what orientation of the lever on the controller

I believe it is calibration to the drive lever and linkages compared to any other mechanical issues
there must be a sequence of events and perhaps conditions that need to be set up to allow a proper calibration to be performed and to make it start only in neutral?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Click the Forum Help link in my signature below.

I have a 1975 40 hp Merc with a 7 pin electrical remote connector this motor has died however I have 1995 50 hp force with an 8 pin electrical remote connector Where can I get the electrcial scehmatics for booth of these so i can use my old conntroller with the new engine and get this connection to work??

No Title

#7 Today, 10:39 AM

I have a 1975 40 hp Merc with a 7 pin electrical remote connector this motor has died however I have 1995 50 hp force with an 8 pin electrical remote connector Where can I get the electrcial scehmatics for booth of these so i can use my old conntroller with the new engine and get this connection to work??

Attachments

• photo225314.jpg
    photo225314.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 6
  • photo225315.jpg
    photo225315.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 5