Shift control problem

Fruetel

Recruit
Mar Mac M1093=D2 shift and throttle control on 72 ford 302 with pre afpha one 888 stern drive only one cable moves that would be the throttle I can see it move at the carb. the other cable does not move at all on back of control when you push it into gear from neutral position it feels like it goes into gear but cable doesn't move at all is the control box shot? or can it be repaired if that is the problem

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... Controllers allow throttle only by pushin' a button, or pullin' the lever,....

My guess is, yer's is stuck in throttle only,....

Post a picture of yer's,.....

Fruetel

Recruit
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I found a throttle and shift control on e-bay the same one so I am going to try that. If that does not cure the problem I will be back. Thanks again Fruetel

Bondo

Staff member
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I found a throttle and shift control on e-bay the same one so I am going to try that. If that does not cure the problem I will be back. Thanks again Fruetel

Ayuh,.... Ya oughta be able to make one good one outa the two anyways,....

If the one ya got comin' ain't up to snuff, come on back here, 'n We'll figure out what's up,....

Controllers either have a button, or lever, or ya pull out on the handle, or some way to go to throttle only,...
Knowin' that, look yer's over closer, 'n ya might just be able to fix it,...