Quicksilver 3000 Controls Replacement

thormx11

Petty Officer 1st Class
I am in need of new controls for my boat. It is a 1995 Century Arabian 240, with a 5.7l. The boat had the Quicksilver 3000 controls when I got it, but the lever broke off and now I am in the market for a replacement.

I'm liking the SeaStar CH1700 Series controls, but cannot figure out which model I need. They offer 2 different ones, one with tilt & trim (CH1752P), and one with just trim (CH1751P).

There is a big price difference on them (about $100)

I don't know a lot about tilt/trim systems. My original controls only had one switch to work the tilt/trim whereas the SeaStar switch seems to have two on it.

alldodge

Staff member
The CH1751P does not have the trailer switch the CH1752P does. The trailer switch brings the drive all the way up past the limit

thormx11

Petty Officer 1st Class
So how does that work with the old switch/wiring? There was only one switch to adjust it all the way up/down. Will I need the CH1752P then? I am planning on keeping the boat in a slip for the summers and bringing it out during the winter. Could I wire the CH1751P to work the full motion? Or would I need to modify my current wiring to fit the CH1752P.

I am planning on having a local marine place do the switch, I think the controls are a bit out of my experience level!

alldodge

Staff member
Since you don't currently have a trailer switch then all you need is the CH1751P

Trim limits switches are to keep folks from damaging their U joints are such from trimming up to high. For folks which understand the limits of the drive they don't need a trailer switch

thormx11

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thanks, im starting to understand it a little bit better. I guess my main question is, with the CH1751P will I swill be able to raise the outdrive all the way up and down? Like for loading/unloading the boat from the trailer.

alldodge

Staff member
Yes, the limit switch is located on the drive. So if its connected to the trim switch, pressing the trim buttons will not allow the drive to go up all the way. If the limit switch is not there, or if it is bypassed the limit buttons will fully raise or fully lower the drive.

It can be bypassed by connecting the blue/white and purple/white wires together. This is a newer style but works the same

Trim wiring Merc 2012.jpg