Steering System Replacement Recomendations?

ckirk

Cadet
Good Morning! I have a 1999 Bayliner 19" Capri open bow runabout. 3.0 liter with Alpha I Gen. II standard rotation sterndrive. The propeller is a Michigan Wheel Stainless Steel: Apollo 14.125 x 19? pitch propeller. The steering system is original, a Teleflex single cable non-assist rack and pinion system.
The steering turns easily to port but requires significant effort to turn to starboard, especially at 15 - 25 mph, the primary speed for towing tubers and skiers. To maintain a straight course requires holding the steering wheel about a 1/4 turn to starboard as the boat always wants to turn to the port side. I have the trim tab adjusted to compensate but it doesn't seem to make much difference.
I realize that the prop and engine torque are the issue, and I suspect the cupped propeller may be compounding the problem. But I also think that the steering system may be a bit worn out which makes it even harder to turn the boat to starboard when at speed.
I am looking for recommendations on what type of steering system would be a good replacement. I like the idea of the Uflex Accura system with the planetary gear design and Zero-torque configuration if it is applicable. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.