Problem with Hynautic Steering System

Bluerunner00

Recruit
I have a 1989 Proline 25' walkaround cuddy cabin with twin 150 outboards. Occasionaly, the motor would get out of sync setting on trailer. The instructions from Hynautics was to turn steering wheel all the way right and then force steering wheel beyond stop to bring motors back in sync. Additionally, it said to go all the way left and repeat the action. When doing this you could feel the system bump and would move the motors slightly. Recently, the system will not allow me to go beyound the first stop and will not move motors into a sync position. I am trying troubleshoot and need some expert advice. The system has a OMC Synchronization valve part number 0938430 on the transom wall and has lines coming from steering and going to each of the engine hydraulic pistons. Additionally, there is a Resivour with a relief valve on the bottom which has two valves for bleeding the system when air creeps in. Then there is the helm.
I would like to know where is the most likely place for the problem to be occurring.

alldodge

Staff member
Howdy

Not familiar with the OMC sync and setup but did some research. Found others which have had the same issue and replaced the helm with the newer seastar. Then removed the sync valve and just ran the lines straight to the cylinders. Appears the OMC type is a one of a kind and minimal info

I would try the bleed screw nearest the side which needs to be moved. Sorry couldn't be of more help but maybe someone will be along shortly with more help