What throttle and shifter control unit does a 1973 evenrude use

J.wms

Recruit
What throttle and shifter cable control unit does a 1973 Evenrude use

gm280

Supreme Mariner
:welcom: J.wms to iboats. Nice to have a new member...

I am not sure for '73, but I have a '76 and I am using this setup;
Remote - 7M.jpg
It is a typical two handle setup that works the both the throttle and gears. I refurbished it from what it once was.
Remote - 1M.jpg
And was even able to find replace parts for it yet as well. If you don't presently have anything, you could even adapt the same or other remote control units to your engine.

Let us know if you have anything presently and even mote info about your boat and engine. JMHO

J.wms

Recruit
Thank you for the response I imagine one of those boxes would be hard to find.. Your looks great.
I'm replacing a 1987 150 (died) with a 73 135 hp. I have the single lever control from the 87 have the 1973 and the 1987 control cables. I haven't tried adapting anything yet just started this project 2 days ago so far I have removed the engine from the boat too hot to work outside today. The thermometer says 101' little too hot for me. I'm sure I will have many questions before this is done never messed with outboards very much.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Thank you for the response I imagine one of those boxes would be hard to find.. Your looks great.
I'm replacing a 1987 150 (died) with a 73 135 hp. I have the single lever control from the 87 have the 1973 and the 1987 control cables. I haven't tried adapting anything yet just started this project 2 days ago so far I have removed the engine from the boat too hot to work outside today. The thermometer says 101' little too hot for me. I'm sure I will have many questions before this is done never messed with outboards very much.

J.wms, post a picture or third of your engine and the control unit you presently have. There could be a way to use it , but we have to see what you're dealing with first. Some times pictures make thing so easy to understand without long descriptions. But words help as well. Just keep your picture under 700kb in size and post them up. Then we can size up your needs and direct to the better ideas. Lots of very experienced iboaters on these forums. JMHO