Control questions

chris16371

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I just got a nfb 4.2 rotary for my Suzuki DT15 so now I need control parts, cables, and boxes. First question is in regards to the control parts, the link below is iboats store with the parts I need for installing the control cables and I'm wondering how I can tell if I need part 19 or 5 both being clutch cable guides. Also I see they don't have part 20 or 17, is it absolutely necessary to have one of those or will it still shift fine without them? I'm sure I can find one I can use that's for a different motor or make something.
http://www.iboats.com/Remote-Control-Parts/dm/view_id.1331581

Next question is cable/box related. I'm having issues finding the Suzuki cables that fit my motor, how do I find out if the teleflex universal cable will work with my motor? Also being that they are universal cable will they work with most any control boxes or do I need a certain kind? Thanks!

chris16371

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Bump. Also do I buy 2 of the same universal cable, one for throttle and one for shift or is there a different cable for each? I'm assuming if I use universal cables that I can use any brand control box regardless of the motor brand?

Trying to set up console steering very soon but these questions of mine are holding me back. Wish Suzuki still made the cables/boxes I need, can't even find cables on eBay.

chris16371

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Does anyone know if megazip.net is a reliable source? Having trouble finding all the control parts I need, iboats store has a lot of them but not all unfortunately and megazip has all packaged together but it's shipped from Japan.