Which steering cable

Karzapart55

Recruit
Hi,newbie here. I have a 17' bayliner bow rider, and I bought a 87 65 hp evinrude commercial outboard. What steering cable should I use? Also,anyone have a pic of the linkage? Thanks, karz

gm280

Supreme Mariner
:welcome: aboard Karzapart55 to iboats. Always gla to have a new iboater...

As for the correct steering cable, that depends on what steering setup is installed at the helm. If there presently is a steering setup on the hull, just use it and connect it up to the OB. If that won't work or the older steering cable is bad, then remove it and see what size and type it is. Usually the size is printed on the cable. And if is isn't then you will need to remove the steering setup and remove the old cable to measure for the new one. If you could post a picture or three, we could see what you are dealing with and offer better ideas and suggestions. JMHO

gm280

Supreme Mariner
You can up load pictures from you computer if their size is 700kb or smaller. Anything over that size will not load. You can also open up a photobucket account and upload your pictures there and then copy the "img" code to the right of a picture and paste it on these forums. Lots of iboaters like to do that. JMHO